Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Postdoctoral Position in 3D Electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins at University of Vermont maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang Postdoctoral Position in 3D Electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins at University of Vermont
A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Michael Radermacher at the University of Vermont, to study the structure and function of mitochondrial and bacterial complex I by 3D electron microscopy. We have determined the structures of eukaryotic and bacterial complex I at intermediate resolutions. Now, the emergence of the first X-ray structures of bacterial complex I and first X-ray results for eukaryotic complex I open up new exciting possibilities for analyzing different conformations. The work will require biochemical preparation of samples of complex I, electron microscopy and data processing with techniques well established in the laboratory. Alternatively, depending on interest, emphasis can be placed on improvement of image processing techniques in connection with the 3D reconstruction of complex I. The candidate we are looking for must have experience in 3D electron microscopy or other biological structure determination methods (e.g. X-ray crystallography, NMR, etc.).
Our laboratory is one of the leading laboratories in 3D electron microscopy, imaging and data processing. Over the years we have developed a large number of techniques for 3D reconstruction of single particles, many of which have become standard methods. We have a large set of prior results on the structure of complex I that will help in the current research. For additional questions please contact me at the email address below.
We have close interactions with other research groups at UVM, in Medicine, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biology as well as Computer Science. The University of Vermont offers a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Applications should include a cover letter with an explanation of your previous experience in 3D electron microscopy or structural biology (very important), a CV, and names and addresses of three references. Please email your application to email@example.com
Deadline : June, 20th 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Research Scholarship, Quantifying Uranium Minerals, RMIT University, Australia Proposed PhD project: Development of new methodologies for quantifying uranium minerals in complex uranium bearing ores The chemistry involved in extracting uranium from uranium bearing […]
- PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Molecular Neurobiology of Circadian Timekeeping. Applications invited from EU & UK nationals for a fully funded 3-year PhD studentship under the supervision of Dr Michael Hastings […]
- PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg The University of Gothenburg, Faculty of Science announces; Ph.D. student position in biophysical chemistry at the Department of ChemistryWe are looking for a highly motivated PhD student […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Cell Biology A fully-funded PhD studentship is available at the London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London in the area of cell biology under the supervision of Dr Guillaume […]
- Ph.D. Student Position in Quantum Transport Theory with Focus on Graphene at Chalmers University of Technology Applications are invited for a Ph.D. student position in “Quantum Transport Theory with Focus on Graphene”. We are looking for a bright, highly motivated and independent candidate with […]
- PhD Student Position in Theory of Graphene Devices at Chalmers University of Technology Applications are invited for a Ph.D. student position in “Theory of Graphene Devices”. We are looking for a bright, highly motivated and independent candidate with MSc degree in Physics, […]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship – Department Of Biochemistry A postdoctoral position, supervised by Associate Professor Catherine Day, is available immediately to investigate the structure and function of components of the protein […]
- PhD Studentship, 3D Electron Microtomography of Catalysts, University of Cambridge, UK PhD Studentship in 3D Electron Microtomography of CatalystsDepartment of Chemical Engineering and BiotechnologyVacancy Reference No: NP07094Carbon laydown or ‘coking’ is usually thought of […]
- PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hardon Collider at University of Uppsala Scholarshipat the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Starting date: Spring term 2011.The Uppsala ATLAS group is part of the High Energy Physics group at the Department of Physics and […]
- PhD or Postdoc Position in physics at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt The Institute for Theoretical Physics of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt invites applications for the following vacancy PhD or Postdoctoral Position in theoretical condensed […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Postdoctoral Position in 3D Electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins at University of Vermont semoga informasi tentang Postdoctoral Position in 3D Electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins at University of Vermont ini bermanfaat.