Posted By: admin
September 28, 2011
Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München
The Soil Science Group at Technische Universität München (TUM) offers a doctoral researcher position by December 1st, 2011 for three years. Salary is TV-L E13 (65%) according to the German TV-L system (Tarifvertrag für den Öffentlichen Dienst der Länder). Our research is focussed on the characterization of soil organic matter and soil organic matter interactions and turnover under different types of soil utilization and management. The group is located at Freising-Weihenstephan, nearby Munich in southern Bavaria.
About the Project Paddy soils make up the largest anthropogenic wetlands on earth. The central topic of the DFG Research Unit 995 “Biogeochemistry of Paddy Soil Evolution” is a better understanding of the biogeochemistry of major processes involved in the formation of paddy soils. During a joint 3-week sampling campaign in February/March 2012, a variety of major soil types which are typically used for rice cultivation in Asia will be sampled in Indonesia (Java), including Acrisols, Andosols and Vertisols.
The central aim of our sub-project is to investigate the stabilisation of organic matter during paddy soil development. In this context, the role of microaggregation, organo-mineral complexes, and charred organic carbon will be analysed. A method consisting of a combination of physical (particle-size and density) and chemical fractionation methods will be adapted to each soil type specifically to isolate aggregates and organo-mineral complexes in soil-type specific soil organic matter (SOM) fractions.
The isolated fractions will then be analyzed for the chemical composition of the organic matter by solid-state 13C NMR spectroscopy and specifically for the hydrolysable carbohydrate content by GC-MS. The organo-mineral associations will be characterized by selective or total removal of minerals and organic substances in combination with analysis of specific surface area. Soil fractions will be investigated by SEM and NanoSIMS to elucidate the composition of microaggregates and organo-mineral complexes. This will enable us to understand the influence of the parent soil type on aggregation and soil organic carbon stabilisation in dependence of e.g. type and content of iron oxides, and to evaluate the contribution of the different SOM stabilisation processes during paddy soil formation.
A diploma/master`s degree in forest science, agronomy, geosciences, geoecology, environmental sciences or a related discipline is required. Candidates should have a strong background in soil science and preferentially also in soil chemistry. They should be willing to work with advanced techniques of soil organic chemistry, such as NMR spectroscopy and NanoSIMS.
Applications should be submitted until October 20, 2011 to :
Prof. Dr. Ingrid Kögel-Knabner
Lehrstuhl für Bodenkunde
Wissenschaftszentrum Weihenstephan für Ernährung, Landnutzung und Umwelt
Visit Official Website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Postgraduate Scholarship Position in Political Science The doctoral candidate programme amounts to 240 credits (which is equivalent to four years of study full time). It formally ends with the doctoral candidate publicly defending his/her […]
- PhD position in Computer Science, University of Jena, Germany The Institute of Computer Science at the University of Jena, Germany, offers a vacancy for a PhD student at the Heinz-Nixdorf Endowed Chair of Practical Computer Science.The work will […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Sensory Science A PhD scholarship in Sensory Science is available at the National Food Institute (DTU Food) with start as soon as possible. The scholarship is funded jointlyby the Technical University […]
- Postdoc Position in Social Science Perspectives on Climate Change in South Korea OverviewThe Department of Population and Social Geography, University of Bayreuth, Germany (http:// www.bevsozgeo.uni-bayreuth.de/en/index.html) invites applicants for a one-year Postdoc […]
- [Germany] 2 PhD Student Positions in Osteoimmunology at Technische Universität Dresden The Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden offers within the DFG Schwerpunktprogramm `Osteoimmunology - IMMUNOBONE – A Program to unravel the […]
- MSc Scholarships in Science Communication and Public Engagement, University of Edinburgh, UK The Deanery of Biomedical Sciences will offer five Master’s scholarships for the 2016-2017 academic session.
Each scholarship will have a value of £2,000 and will be tenable for one […]
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships in Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, UK Fully funded PhD studentships are available for full time students from any country (UK, EU or international students) at the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University – […]
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students (GSS Scholarship)
Application Information for April / September 2016
The purpose of this scholarship is […]
- Fulbright Master of Science & Technology Initiative Degree Program, AMINEF, USA Preference will be given to applicants who serve as faculty members of state and private institutions of higher education in Indonesia. However, others who are not lecturers may […]
- European Master of Science in International Health Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus, Europe The tropEd European Master of Science in International Health is a unique, one-year master programme designed for professionals, wishing to develop their skills in International Health and […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München semoga informasi tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München ini bermanfaat.