Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München
PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München
The Soil Science Group at Technische Universität München (TUM) offers a doctoral researcher position by December 1st, 2011 for three years. Salary is TV-L E13 (65%) according to the German TV-L system (Tarifvertrag für den Öffentlichen Dienst der Länder). Our research is focussed on the characterization of soil organic matter and soil organic matter interactions and turnover under different types of soil utilization and management. The group is located at Freising-Weihenstephan, nearby Munich in southern Bavaria.
About the Project Paddy soils make up the largest anthropogenic wetlands on earth. The central topic of the DFG Research Unit 995 “Biogeochemistry of Paddy Soil Evolution” is a better understanding of the biogeochemistry of major processes involved in the formation of paddy soils. During a joint 3-week sampling campaign in February/March 2012, a variety of major soil types which are typically used for rice cultivation in Asia will be sampled in Indonesia (Java), including Acrisols, Andosols and Vertisols.
The central aim of our sub-project is to investigate the stabilisation of organic matter during paddy soil development. In this context, the role of microaggregation, organo-mineral complexes, and charred organic carbon will be analysed. A method consisting of a combination of physical (particle-size and density) and chemical fractionation methods will be adapted to each soil type specifically to isolate aggregates and organo-mineral complexes in soil-type specific soil organic matter (SOM) fractions.
The isolated fractions will then be analyzed for the chemical composition of the organic matter by solid-state 13C NMR spectroscopy and specifically for the hydrolysable carbohydrate content by GC-MS. The organo-mineral associations will be characterized by selective or total removal of minerals and organic substances in combination with analysis of specific surface area. Soil fractions will be investigated by SEM and NanoSIMS to elucidate the composition of microaggregates and organo-mineral complexes. This will enable us to understand the influence of the parent soil type on aggregation and soil organic carbon stabilisation in dependence of e.g. type and content of iron oxides, and to evaluate the contribution of the different SOM stabilisation processes during paddy soil formation.
A diploma/master`s degree in forest science, agronomy, geosciences, geoecology, environmental sciences or a related discipline is required. Candidates should have a strong background in soil science and preferentially also in soil chemistry. They should be willing to work with advanced techniques of soil organic chemistry, such as NMR spectroscopy and NanoSIMS.
Applications should be submitted until October 20, 2011 to :
Prof. Dr. Ingrid Kögel-Knabner
Lehrstuhl für Bodenkunde
Wissenschaftszentrum Weihenstephan für Ernährung, Landnutzung und Umwelt
Visit Official Website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund University PhD Scholarship in Geobiosphere Sciences at Lund UniversityType of employment: Limit of tenure, 1 yearExtent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), […]
- Global Rice Science Scholarship by International Rice Research Institute Apply now for 2011 Global Rice Science Scholarship If you are about to enroll or conduct your Ph.D. research, you could be one of the new generation of rice scientists with a 2011 Global […]
- PhD scholarship in Geobiosphere science towards quaternary sciences at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 2012-10-31 Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Earth and Ecosystem Sciences (Geology Unit), Lund First day of employment: 2011-11-01 Official […]
- Bachelor, Master & PhD Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries at SIU The Norwegian government provides students from developing countries in the South and countries in the Western Balkans, Eastern Europe and in Central Asia (to view the list of […]
- 7 PhD Student Fellowships in Natural and Life Sciences We expect:• a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Natural Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, etc.). […]
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Soil Carbon Dynamics at University of Central Lancashire The Environmental Sciences Division (ESD), Official Website., at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Official Website ., has an immediate opening for a post doctoral research […]
- PhD Position in Biometrics at University Goettingen, Germany OverviewThe Research Training Group 1023 „Identification in Mathematical Models: Synergy of Stochastic and Numerical Methods“ at the University of Göttingen invites applications for an […]
- [US] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Data Management for Petascale Scientific Applications at Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Postdoctoral Research Associate for Grid Computing and Scientific Workflow AutomationNational Center for Computational SciencesComputer and Computational Sciences DirectorateOak Ridge […]
- PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland PhD Position in Database IntegrationThe Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University of Newfoundland is inviting applications for a PhD in Information Systems with an emphasis […]
- PhD position in Physics: Theoretical High-Energy Physics and String Theory Karlstad University–the modern university–is characterised by a combination of active cooperation with external partners and academic excellence. Karlstad University has around 12 000 […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München semoga informasi tentang PhD Position in Soil Science at Technische Universität München ini bermanfaat.