Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland
PhD Position in Database Integration
The Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University of Newfoundland is inviting applications for a PhD in Information Systems with an emphasis on database integration. The project is supported by a grant from the National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
The deadline for applications is March 1.
Database integration is a process with multiple steps, leading from the identification of the databases to the testing of the integrated system. The central step of this process is the identification of database elements that are similar to each other. This step is called schema matching. Human users perceive schema-matching methods as successful when they match database elements according to the same similarity criteria that the users would apply. Many automatic software-supported schema-matching methods have been proposed, using a range of different notions of similarity. However, existing research has paid little attention to empirical work: There is little knowledge of how human data integrators judge the similarity of database elements. A recent study has shown that a “one-size-fits- all” approach does not apply and that human notions of similarity are strongly affected by the database integration context. The proposed research is a study to systematically examine how human database integrators carry out schema matching. This knowledge will then be applied to implement improved schema matching methods.
The applicant will have a Bachelor (Hon) or Master`s degree and strong interest and background in information systems, computer science, or cognitive science with knowledge of databases or knowledge representation. Interest (and preferably experience) in both technical and empirical research is required.
Applications must meet the regular admission criteria and will undergo the regular admissions process for the PhD program.
The Faculty of Business Administration will provide support to all admitted students for a period of four years. The level of support will be competitive with that offered by other Canadian universities, and may consist of a combination of grant, research assistantship, and teaching assistantship.
Information and Application:
The deadline for applications is March 1. Late applications may be considered as time and resources permit. Please contact Dr. Joerg Evermann at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the project.
Information about the PhD program and the application procedure can be found here:
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships at University of Alberta The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly […]
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, University of Alberta, Canada The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement […]
- PhD Scholarship Program in Management Collaborate with world-class researchers. Engage in a stimulating and supportive intellectual environment. Complete a rigorous, relevant and challenging academic program. These […]
- PhD Scholarships:Danish/European-Chinese Social Science Research Copenhagen Business School invites applications for two vacant PhD scholarships within the field of Danish/European-Chinese social science research. The PhD must conduct research which […]
- PhD Position at the Institute for Microeconomics and Public Economics, University of Lugano The Institute for Microeconomics and Public Economics (MecoP) at the Faculty of Economics, University of Lugano, invites applications for up to two Doctoral Assistant positions for up to […]
- Sylff Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences for Developing Countries The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF), is a fellowship program initiated in 1987 to support students pursuing graduate studies in humanities and social sciences […]
- PhD Position in Computer Architecture, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden The Computer Systems group at Chalmers conducts research on high-performance and low-power computing, including the design and analysis of 1) efficient architectures for mainstream down to […]
- Cardiff Research Scholarship into Advanced Neuroimaging Methods CRANIUM’s aim is to stimulate the next phase of development of neuroimaging methodology for translational neuroscience applications in human health and disease.The hub of CRANIUM is […]
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Canada is building world-class research capacity by recruiting top-tier doctoral students, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to our economic, social and […]
- PhD student positions at the Linné Flow Centre at KTH Royal Institute of Technology KTH is the largest technical university in Sweden. Education and research cover a broad spectrum within natural sciences and engineering, as well as architecture, industrial engineering […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland semoga informasi tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland ini bermanfaat.