Posted By: admin
December 26, 2008
Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland
PhD Position in Database Integration
The Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University of Newfoundland is inviting applications for a PhD in Information Systems with an emphasis on database integration. The project is supported by a grant from the National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
The deadline for applications is March 1.
Database integration is a process with multiple steps, leading from the identification of the databases to the testing of the integrated system. The central step of this process is the identification of database elements that are similar to each other. This step is called schema matching. Human users perceive schema-matching methods as successful when they match database elements according to the same similarity criteria that the users would apply. Many automatic software-supported schema-matching methods have been proposed, using a range of different notions of similarity. However, existing research has paid little attention to empirical work: There is little knowledge of how human data integrators judge the similarity of database elements. A recent study has shown that a “one-size-fits- all” approach does not apply and that human notions of similarity are strongly affected by the database integration context. The proposed research is a study to systematically examine how human database integrators carry out schema matching. This knowledge will then be applied to implement improved schema matching methods.
The applicant will have a Bachelor (Hon) or Master`s degree and strong interest and background in information systems, computer science, or cognitive science with knowledge of databases or knowledge representation. Interest (and preferably experience) in both technical and empirical research is required.
Applications must meet the regular admission criteria and will undergo the regular admissions process for the PhD program.
The Faculty of Business Administration will provide support to all admitted students for a period of four years. The level of support will be competitive with that offered by other Canadian universities, and may consist of a combination of grant, research assistantship, and teaching assistantship.
Information and Application:
The deadline for applications is March 1. Late applications may be considered as time and resources permit. Please contact Dr. Joerg Evermann at email@example.com for further information about the project.
Information about the PhD program and the application procedure can be found here:
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Clark Fletcher Memorial Citrus Bursary at University of Canterbury The Clark Fletcher Memorial Citrus Bursary is an award of up to $5,000 per annum that is granted to either a tertiary student who has a specific interest in the citrus industry, or an […]
- Postdoc position in Biochar / Soil Ecology at Wageningen University We are looking for a postdoc to study the effects of biochar on soil biota and plant-soil interactions. Future energy demands may be met through pyrolosis of biomass, leading to `waste` […]
- One PhD Position in Robots and Smart Environments at Örebro University Center for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS) Örebro University, SwedenApplications are invited for a PhD student position in Computer Science at Örebro University, Sweden. The […]
- PhD position in Computer Science, University of Jena, Germany The Institute of Computer Science at the University of Jena, Germany, offers a vacancy for a PhD student at the Heinz-Nixdorf Endowed Chair of Practical Computer Science.The work will […]
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium Molecular epidemiology of Chlamydopila (Chlamydia) psittaci infections in humans and development of a recombinant C. psittaci vaccine for chickens Period: for 2 years with a possibility to […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Genetic Instability and Cancer at VU University Medical Center The post-doc will participate in the Dutch Cancer Society project :”Sister chromatid cohesion as a novel foothold for cancer therapy”, a collaboration with the departments Medical […]
- Postdoctoral Position in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at University of Cambridge The successful candidate will work on a project to characterise the growth and proliferation of tumour competent stem-like cells at the tumour-host interface in patients with […]
- PhD Position Digital Microfluidics with Cells in Droplets in University of Twente, 2011 The University of Twente provides a stimulating academic environment with excellent technical facilities and a strong concentration of microfluidics research within the MESA+ Institute […]
- Research Position in the Department of Chemistry at University of Oslo The position is financed by the KOSK II programme of the Norwegian research council on the project Quantum modelling studies of local coordination of T-atoms in Zeotype materials. The […]
- PhD Position in in bio-inspired robotics research at Jaume I University OverviewThe Robotic Intelligence Lab at Jaume I University (Castellon, Spain) is offering a PhD position for working in bio-inspired robotics research concerning learning and […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland semoga informasi tentang PhD Position in Database Integration at Memorial University of Newfoundland ini bermanfaat.