Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Research studentship mortality determinants in people with pain at Keele University maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang Research studentship mortality determinants in people with pain at Keele University
The role of health, psychological and lifestyle factors in determining mortality in people with pain at Keele University – Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre
The Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre at Keele University has an internationally renowned research programme in chronic pain and musculoskeletal disorders in primary care, underpinned by several existing and ongoing high-quality observational cohorts and randomised clinical trials, with linkage to medical records. The Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre includes a multidisciplinary grouping of clinicians working alongside epidemiologists, psychologists and statisticians. Our funding framework gives us a strong remit to increase research capacity by providing training opportunities and career support for early experience researchers.
The aim of this 3-year PhD studentship is to examine the role of health, psychological and lifestyle factors in determining mortality in older adults with musculoskeletal pain. With the support of the supervisory team, first of all, you will conduct a systematic literature review to identify and synthesise evidence on the strength and mechanisms of association between musculoskeletal pain and mortality, with particular reference to the potential role of health, psychological and lifestyle factors. Then, with the development of skills to conduct quantitative research, you will undertake a structured series of “mini-analyses” of the North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project (NorStOP) dataset, which includes survey and consultation data, with further links to mortality data. Using NorStOP data you will attempt to replicate the results of previous studies that have reported a link between pain and mortality and examine putative mechanisms of association.
The specific objectives of the study will be to test the hypotheses that:
- Compared to individuals reporting no pain, those reporting regional or widespread pain have an increased risk of all cause mortality.
- The risk of mortality conferred by musculoskeletal pain will be independent of socioeconomic and lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol consumption and educational level.
- The relationship between musculoskeletal pain and mortality will be mediated via levels of psychological distress and physical activity.
Funding is available for three/four years to cover fees for PhD registration (2010/11 home/EU rates: £3,732) and a research studentship stipend of currently £13,590 per annum for 2011. Non-EU students would be required to pay the balance of the overseas fees themselves.
Applicants should have a good (2:1 or above) in a science/maths, psychology or health-related subject.
A Masters degree in a relevant discipline is highly desirable.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the Centre, please contact either:
Dr Ross Wilkie on 01782 734845 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Dr John McBeth on 01782 733965 or email@example.com
Full details of application procedures for study are on official website
Closing date: 28 October 2011.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Opportunity in Health Psychology at University of Bath A unique opportunity for research, working alongside a public health delivery team.An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department for Health and undertake a fully funded 3 year […]
- PhD in health psychology at University of Bath A unique opportunity for research, working alongside a public health delivery team. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Department for Health and undertake a fully funded 3 […]
- PhD Studentships 2011 at Open University Business School, UK In 2011 we are inviting applications for a number of full-time funded PhD studentships (circa £15,000 per annum) in the following areas: MarketingStrategic managementHuman resource […]
- European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology (EMSEP), Erasmus Mundus, Europe The European Masters in Sport and Exercise Psychology programme (EMSEP) is organised by four leading European universities in the field of sport and exercise psychology (SEP): the […]
- PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK PhD Studentship – The Immunobiology of Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Skeletal Tissue Engineering Osteoarthritis (OA) is a significant healthcare burden and preventing or slowing its onset […]
- 10 Doctoral Scholarships The Research Training Group Transnational Social Support The Research Training Group (RTG) is located at the University of Hildesheim Foundation (Faculty of Education and Social Sciences) and the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz […]
- Social Science Doctoral Training Centre Studentships 2011 at University of Plymouth The newly established University of Plymouth Social Sciences Doctoral Training Centre is delighted to announce the availability of 5 PhD studentships. Successful applicants who are […]
- ESF-CUC PhD Studentship Opportunity in medicine at Plymouth University Pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy: evaluating the effectiveness of a novel intervention, the dynamic elastomeric fabric orthoses (DEFO).We are seeking to award a PhD studentship […]
- [Singapore] NTU Scholarship 2011 in Brain Disorders Imaging Scholarships in Nanyang Technology University. Training internhsip, Graduate mastern and PhD, Postdoctoral. Available area for biological/biomedical/signal processing / mathematical […]
- PhD Scholarship Position at Instituto de Telecomunicações The Multimedia Signal Processing Group at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, invites applications for the MUVIS (MUlti-view distributed coding […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Research studentship mortality determinants in people with pain at Keele University semoga informasi tentang Research studentship mortality determinants in people with pain at Keele University ini bermanfaat.