Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University
PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University – Computer Sciences Department Applicants are invited for a fully funded PhD studentship on “Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts” at the Computer Sciences Department at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (joint supervision with Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability at Edinburgh University). For further information please contact Oliver Lemon (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Closing date for applicants: 15 August 2010
Starting: October 2011 (negotiable)
Length: 4 years
The aim of this studentship is to develop new computational models to assess uncertainties in the prediction of climate change impacts and explore alternative policy response strategies to better mitigate climate vulnerability. It will formally identify and quantify sources of uncertainty and explore probabilistic methods (e.g. Probabilistic Graphical Models) which capture distributions over possible futures and allow efficient inference over hidden (unobservable) variables.
This project is highly inter-disciplinary and will bring together expertise in “scenario-based” simulations of climate change and probabilistic modelling of interactions under uncertainty.
It will be jointly supervised by Oliver Lemon (Department of Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University) and Mark Rounsevell (Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability, Edinburgh University). If successful, the degree will be awarded by Heriot-Watt University.
Candidates should have a First Class Honours or a good Master`s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics and have excellent programming skills. Experience with probabilistic modelling techniques and statistics is essential, and knowledge of machine learning and agent-based modelling is highly desirable. A background in climate change, ecology and scenario-based modelling would also be desirable, but is not strictly necessary.
The stipend will cover all study fees and a living stipend for 4 years. The project will also provide travel funds for the student to attend international conferences.
For further information please contact Oliver Lemon (email@example.com ) and Verena Rieser (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
For your application please send:
- a supporting statement (1 page)
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English language certificates (for EU and Overseas applicants)
- contact details for academic references.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarships in Computer Science Six Departmental Overseas PhD Scholarships are available within the Department of Computer Science starting in late September 2011. Interested applicants are invited to visit the […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Switzerland for Computer Graphics Scientists and Physicists In the context of a multidisciplinary study combining mathematical modelling, computer science, and evolutionary developmental genetics, we still have ONE position available for an […]
- PhD student position in water quantity and quality assessment PIK invites applications from outstanding individuals for a PhD-student`s position (TV-L 13, 50%) to support the core interdisciplinary research team at PIK. The goal is to analyse […]
- University of Cambridge PhD Studentship in Modelling of ThermoAcoustic Instabilities PhD Studentship in Modelling of ThermoAcoustic Instabilities, University of Cambridge – Department of Engineering Limit of tenure: 3 years Lean premixed agitation are articular to be a […]
- PhD Studentship in Analysis of Seed Processing by Distinct Element Method at University of Leeds The award of a PhD studentship by Syngenta Ltd has provided an opportunity for an exciting PhD research programme on seed processing at the Institute of Particle Science and Engineering, […]
- PhD in Computational Logic and Natural Reasoning, Tilburg University, Netherlands The Tilburg Center for Logic and Philosophy of Science (TiLPS) invites applications for a PhD position in natural logic and natural reasoning. The title of the PhD project is “A […]
- Research fellow (PhD candidate) in applied and computational mathematics at Department of Mathematics at University of Bergen The Department of Mathematics has a vacancy for a research fellow in applied and computational mathematics for a period of 4 years from August 2011. The PhD position is within the […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Biostatistics Hasselt University, in collaboration with the International Drug Development Institute (IDDI, Belgium), announces the following position (m/f): Researcher doctoral student in […]
- PhD position in Computational Geoscience available at CERE Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modeling and Center for Energy Resources Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, has an opportunity to provide a 3 year-PhD project […]
- PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium At the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Ghent University a position for a PhD student is available. The aim of this PhD project is computational study of mechanisms of cardiac […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University semoga informasi tentang PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University ini bermanfaat.