Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Position in Bioinformatics at VU University Medical Center maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Position in Bioinformatics at VU University Medical Center
The Biostatistics group at the VU University Medical Center has a very active group of statisticians working on high-dimensional data analysis. The group within the Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics has close links to the Mathematics and Statistics Department of the VU University Amsterdam, as well as to both the Microarray Facility and the Department of Pathology of the VU University Medical Center. Within the Department of Pathology, the unit Molecular Pathology investigates the molecular changes involved in the development of cervical cancer. Ultimate aim of this research is the identification of potential therapeutic targets and molecular markers for population-based screening programs (see Official Website. – Research – Oncology)
The project aims to produce multivariate statistical models that describe the development of HPV-induced cervical cancer in vitro from a longitudinal experiment in which multiple molecular levels (DNA copy number, methylation, gene expression, and microRNA expression) of consecutive stages of a cell line model have been characterized in high-throughput fashion. The high-dimensionality of the information on and the dependency between the molecular levels make the inference of the molecular mechanisms underlying cervical cancer development a statistical challenge, which is to be tackled within this project. The project is a collaboration between the Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics and the Unit Molecular Pathology, providing an optimal statistical and biological framework.
We are looking for a PhD student with an MSc in Statistics, Bioinformatics or a closely related discipline. Essentials are: good statistical knowledge enabling the development of new models and analysis tools, programming skills, the ability to explain complex ideas to biologists/non- specialists and an affinity with genetics and biology. Previous knowledge of any of the areas involved in the project (such as longitudinal models, multivariate statistics, high-dimensional data analysis) and of R programming are an advantage. The PhD student we are looking for has good communication skills and is flexible to work both with statisticians and biomedical researchers. The PhD student will participate in the PhD program of the VU Institute for Cancer and Immunology (V-ICI).
The temporary employment will be for a period of 4 years. Salary and terms of employment will be in accordance with the CAO-Universtair medische centra of the Netherlands.
For details about the project contents please contact:
- Wessel van Wieringen (PhD), Statistician, Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, email@example.com, tel: +31 20 444 1047
- Saskia Wilting (PhD), Biomedical researcher, Dept of Pathology, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 20 444 8584
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Postdoctoral Position in Genetic Instability and Cancer at VU University Medical Center The post-doc will participate in the Dutch Cancer Society project :”Sister chromatid cohesion as a novel foothold for cancer therapy”, a collaboration with the departments Medical […]
- Beasiswa S2 Neurosains di Eropa dan Kanada Program beasiswa Erasmus Mundus membuka kesempatan bagi pelajar internasional yang ingin mendalami bidang neurosains di Benua Biru. Beasiswa jenjang S-2 ini akan diberikan selama dua tahun […]
- PhD Scholarships in the Role of Epigenetics in Age-Related Immune Dysfunction and in Endocrine Eisease Epigenetics is defined as inherited changes in gene expression that are not encoded in the DNA sequence. The major epigenetic mechanisms are DNA methylation, post-translational histone […]
- Post doctoral fellow in Neuroscience at Institute of Basic Medical Science ONE POSITION AS POST DOCTORAL FELLOW (SKO 1352) in Neuroscience is available for three years in the Synaptic Neurochemistry Laboratory at Department of Anatomy, IMB, University of Oslo […]
- Post-Doctoral Position in Computational Biology, Norway A three year full-time position as Service Scientist/Post Doctoral is available at Uni Research AS, within the Computational Biology Unit (CBU) of the Uni BCCS department.The position is […]
- PhD and MSc Scholarships in Oncology and Medical Physics Academically accomplished domestic and international students are invited to apply for funded positions in the M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs of the Department of Oncology at the University of […]
- PhD Position: Physicochemical Characterization in Biological Media of Nanomedicines for Gene Therapy by Advanced Light Microscopy Doctoral research position at the Faculty of Pharmacy, Ghent UniversityContext of the research projectIn biopharmacy and pharmaceutical technology, intensive research is aimed at […]
- PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia The Mowry group has currently two PhD projects available. Two PhD scholarships are available in the area of psychiatric genetics and second-generation- sequencing: Project 1: […]
- Scholarships Fellowship in Cancer Stem Cell Research at University of Oxford Haematopoietic Stem Cell LaboratoryWeatherall Institute of Molecular MedicineUniversity of OxfordEurocancer Stemcell Training is a network gathering 9 laboratories of 6 member states at […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Genomic and Bioinformatic Cancer Research, Georg-Speyer-Haus, University of Frankfurt, Germany The Georg-Speyer-Haus in Frankfurt am Main, Germany is an academic research institute of great tradition in biomedical sciences. The institute maintains the status of an independent […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Position in Bioinformatics at VU University Medical Center semoga informasi tentang PhD Position in Bioinformatics at VU University Medical Center ini bermanfaat.