Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan
The Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship will be awarded to assist a graduate student of any nationality other than Jordanian to participate in an ACOR approved archaeological excavation or research project in Jordan. For the 2013-2014 funding cycle only non-Jordanian graduate students are eligible. The Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship provides support in the amount of $1,800. The fellowship must be used during the period between May 1, 2013 and April 30, 2014.
The fellowship is to assist in partial payment of essential expenses for graduate students. Students whose expenses are being borne largely or entirely by the project are ineligible. This award may be combined with an ACOR research fellowship to provide for residence at the ACOR center in Amman or an ACOR travel fellowship if this grant is used for research. Applicants must be enrolled graduate students at the time of application.
About the Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship
Kenneth W. Russell (1950 – 1992) began his formal association with ACOR in 1990 as an archaeologist for the ACOR projects at the Amman Temple of Hercules and at Aqaba (Islamic Ayla). He was educated at the University of Utah (Ph.D. 1986).
Russell was a brilliant and animated lecturer and a skilled anthropologist who contributed to archaeological and ethno-archaeological theory. He studied the ethnoarchaeology of the Bidul Bedouin, Petra’s modern day inhabitants. He was particularly interested in the history and archaeology of Petra, having received his early training in archaeological excavation in Petra in the 1970’s.
Russell died unexpectedly, on May 10, 1992 after a short illness contracted before commencing the excavation of the Petra Church. He was buried at Petra on a promontory overlooking the valley and his excavation, in a place chosen by and given to Ken by the Bidul.
The Kenneth Wayne Russell Memorial Trust was founded by family and friends to carry on his legacy in Jordan. The Russell trust rotates on a three-year cycle.
- Year 1: Bedul education assistance for the children of Umm Sayhoun community in the Petra region.
- Year 2: Education assistance for a Jordanian student enrolled in an archaeology or cultural heritage degree program in any country. $1,500 award.
- Year 3: Student travel (any nationality except Jordanian) for field work or research in Jordan. One award of $1,500 to support a graduate student participating in an ACOR approved archaeological research project.
Since 2008, the Bedul cycle of the fellowship is spread over a three year period, so that an annual prize of JD 200 and a certificate commending their achievement can be awarded to the top male and top female tawjihi finalists from Umm Sayhoun.
Deadline for applications is February 1, 2013
Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2013
For more information, please visit : official website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship Program The East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship provides substantial funding toward Master`s and Doctoral degrees for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to […]
- Graduate Degree Fellowship East-West Center at University of Hawaii The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master`s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in educational and […]
- International Guest Scholarships, American College of Surgeons, USA The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong interests in […]
- Journalism Fellowship Programme, Reuters Institute, University of Oxford, UK The Journalism Fellowship Programme at Oxford offers a practical form of professional assistance to established and mid-career journalists. Its purpose is to allow journalists to tackle […]
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean The Drugs, Security and Democracy (DSD) fellowship program supports research on drug policy, citizen security and democratic governance, as well as associated topics across the social […]
- Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust, USA The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust was established in 1954 by the late Dr. Theodore von Karman, world renowned aeronautics expert and teacher and first director of the Guggenheim […]
- International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP), American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA The International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, and is implemented by IREX (the […]
- International Fellowships, American Association of University Women (AAUW), USA International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate […]
- Fulbright Dikti Master Degree Scholarship, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA The program is open to applicants who serve as part time or permanent faculty members of state and private institutions of higher education in Indonesia. Applicants will possess:a […]
- The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) for Short Courses The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) for short courses can be used for a number of selected courses and are offered by education institutions in the Netherlands. The institutions […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan semoga informasi tentang Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan ini bermanfaat.