Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles
International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles
The International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University Jena offers a PhD program in global biogeochemistry and related Earth System sciences. The overall research and teaching focuses on:
* Improved understanding of biogeochemical processes with an emphasis on terrestrial ecosystems.
* Development of observational techniques to monitor and assess biogeochemical feedbacks in the Earth system.
Theory and model development for improving the representation of biogeochemical processes in comprehensive Earth system models
What are global biogeochemical cycles?
Biogeochemistry is the study of how the elements essential to life are distributed among the components of the Earth system – atmosphere, biosphere, lithosphere, land and oceans. The study of these global biogeochemical cycles takes on particular importance in the face of ongoing global environmental change and the recognition that they are linked to past and current climate change. Understanding and predicting the response of the Earth system requires a broad base of scientific knowledge and the skills to evaluate the importance of processes at a range of spatial and temporal scales.
Are there any fees?
Twice a year the International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles accepts applications for PhD stipends.
Costs for the IMPRS are completely covered by the German government except for a nominal enrollment fee at Friedrich Schiller University twice per year of around 180 Euro (which has benefits like free local public transport, discounts on food in university restaurants, etc.). Costs for consumables and equipment are covered by the host lab.
How does the funding for students look like?
Unless students obtain their own support, students with a Master`s or Diploma degree receive a scholarship which is free of tax and social insurance. The monthly allowance for the first year is 1,100 EUR and usually increase during the second and third year. The fellowships are offered for 1 year with a 2-year extension after positive evaluation by the students PhD Advisory Committee. The average time-frame for PhD studies in Germany is 3 years.
Did you have had a look at our website (including the available PhD projects)? If you are interested in joining us, please apply according to the instructions below.
Your application consists of two steps:
1. Online registration & submission of application documents until July 15, 2011
2. (Possibly) Participation in a recruitment event in Jena
Click here for a step-by-step explanation of the application procedure, then fill in the application form below.
Coordinator Assistant Coordinator Directions
Fon: +49 3641 576260
Fax: +49 3641 577260
Room: A2.010 John Schmidt
Fon: +49 3641 576382
Fax: +49 3641 577382
Room: A2.010 MPI for Biogeochemistry
Directions to the MPI for Biogeochemistry
For regular inquiries please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Earth, Environmental, and Ocean Sciences at Columbia University Columbia`s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships in the earth, environmental and ocean sciences. Candidates should have recently completed […]
- PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CEGiant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We […]
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical Ecology at IMPRS 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical EcologyThe International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques" […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- PhD Studentships in Early Language Acquisiton at University of Manchester Max Planck Child Study Centre - University of Manchester: job descriptionThe Max Planck Child Study Centre (MPCSS) invites applications for two fully-funded PhD studentships commencing in […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Cell Physiology at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physioloy Postdoctoral position in Cell Physiology at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund, GermanyA postdoctoral position is immediately available in the group of Professor […]
- Senior Researcher in Life-cycle-Assessment (LCA) of Waste Management at Technical University of Denmark DTU Environment would like to hire a senior researcher in the field of life cycle assessment of waste management. The duties of the position, among others, to develop a second […]
- [Germany] PhD Student Fellowship in Natural Sciences at Friedrich Schiller University The Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) is funded by the German Excellence Initiative. It conceptionally combines different research areas (microbial communities, interactions […]
- WWF KATHRYN FULLER FELLOWSHIP WWF KATHRYN FULLER FELLOWSHIPSponsored By : THE WORLD WILDLIFE FUNDThe Fuller Fellowships support early-career, post-doctoral scientists pursuing research of extraordinary importance and […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles semoga informasi tentang International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles ini bermanfaat.