Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6 maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6
Iron-based nanoparticles with tunable magnetic and surface properties for imaging of heart failure. To celebrate the University`s research successes, the University of Hull is offering one UK/EU PhD Scholarship for candidates applying for the following project Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPION) are becoming increasingly popular for use in biomedical applications such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the detection of diseased tissues.
For example, low concentration biomarkers can be difficult to detect because of the limited sensitivity of the MRI equipment, however, the signal intensity of MRI can be improved by introducing SPION as a contrast agents. Moreover, SPION can be directed specifically to the in vivo target through the application of a magnetic field or the modification of their surfaces with specific binding groups that interact with the target tissue. 1 Hence, it is crucial to design nanoparticles with tuneable magnetic properties and surface functionalisation to obtain optimum MRI contrast.
Heart failure remains a major cause of death in the UK and is a progressive disorder leading to cardiac dysfunction and cell loss. Current methods such as echocardiography are subjective in interpretation and development of new non-invasive MR methods to determine cardiac dysfunction is critical for in earlier diagnosis and therapeutic treatment. Improvement and refinement of MR techniques will increase resolution and offer new applications for translational research. The production and testing of SPION with optimised properties can only be achieved via interdisciplinary research work between solid-state chemists, biological chemists and biologists.
Dr Francesconi will lead the project and supervise the preparation of new SPION via modification of the chemical composition of both the `iron part` (1) and the `oxide part`(2). The nanoparticles will be coated to make them biocompatible and targeting groups, which bind to cell surface proteins, will be attached. Targets that are of particular interest in many disease types, including heart disease, are involved in the process of cell death. Investigation of cardiac function and metabolism in response to interventions will be probed under various conditions.
This full-time UK/EU PhD Scholarship will include fees at the `home/EU` student rate and maintenance (£13,590 in 2011/12, subject to final confirmation) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
PhD students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree.
Successful applicants will be informed of the award by 11th July.
Closing date Tuesday 31st May 2011; Studentships will start in September 2011
Supervisors: Dr Grazia Francesconi
Telehone: +44 (0)1482 465409
Department: Physical Sciences
Co-Supervisors: Dr Steve Archibald (Physical Sciences), Dr Anne-Marie Seymour
(Biological Sciences), Dr S Rybchenko (Engineering)
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Postdoctoral Position in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at University of Cambridge The successful candidate will work on a project to characterise the growth and proliferation of tumour competent stem-like cells at the tumour-host interface in patients with […]
- PhD Studentships, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University, UK PhD Studentship – The Immunobiology of Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Skeletal Tissue Engineering Osteoarthritis (OA) is a significant healthcare burden and preventing or slowing its onset […]
- PhD Studentship in Tendon Repair, National University of Ireland Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for PhD studentships in tendon repair based at the Network of Excellence for Functional biomaterials (Official Website) at the […]
- PhD Scholarships in Molecular Medicine and Neuroscience, Medical University of Graz, Austria The Medical University of Graz invites excellent students to apply for the PhD programs in Molecular Medicine and/or Neurosciences starting in fall 2011. Up to 21 scholarships will be […]
- PhD Scholarships in Plant Science and Microbiology A 4 year PhD opportunity in genetic, genomics and cell biology through to molecular biology, biological chemistry and computational biology. This prestigious multidisciplinary programme […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry at Lunds University, Sweden Post graduate Scholarship in Biochemistry for MSc Students in biochemistry or biomedicine or corresponding educationJob description: Studies on molecular level of structure, function and […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Cell Biology A fully-funded PhD studentship is available at the London Centre for Nanotechnology, University College London in the area of cell biology under the supervision of Dr Guillaume […]
- Master / Doctoral Student in Bioinformatics and Cellular Mechanics, German Cancer Research Center Mechanical factors play an important role in many basic biological phenomena on different spatial-temporal scales: from tissues and single cells to sub-cellular structures. The ability […]
- PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology, Lund University, Sweden PhD Scholarship in Theoretical Physics, Computational Biology – LUND UNIVERSITY The student will work in the area of dynamical modelling of biological networks, in particular in relation […]
- PhD Position in Neural Stem Cell Biology at University Muenster, Germany The group for Stem Cell Biology & Regeneration at the ZMBE Institute of Cell Biology the Westphalian Wilhelms- University Muenster, Germany has an open Position for a PhD Student. […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6 semoga informasi tentang Fully-funded PhD Scholarship at Cottingham Rd, Hull, North Humberside HU6 ini bermanfaat.