Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Studentship in the Coastal Impacts of Marine Renewables at University of Plymouth maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Studentship in the Coastal Impacts of Marine Renewables at University of Plymouth
Applications are invited for a three-year PhD studentship in the School of Marine Science and Engineering. The studentship will start on 1st October 2011.
The project will focus on coastal impacts in the lee of Wave Hub, a world-leading test centre for wave energy devices off the North Coast of Cornwall. Previous consultations showed the main public concern was on possible effects on beaches in the lee of Wave Hub, particularly the effect on surfing waves. Any changes in coastal waves will also affect areas of coastal erosion and rip current patterns, which have implications for coastal management and bather safety respectively.
In conjunction with the Peninsula Research Institute for Marine Renewable Energy (PRIMaRE), new wave measurements from the PRIMaRE HF wave radar combined with the established 3-year archive of 3D beach surveys obtained prior to wave energy device deployment, provides an unprecedented world-leading opportunity to characterise the effects of waves on the coast in the lee of a wave farm. This should allow the development of a generic methodology for assessing coastal environmental impacts of offshore renewables, providing invaluable input to the EU SOWFIA project that is looking to develop pan-European policy guidance on such environmental impacts.
The successful candidate will be involved with a wide range of research techniques including semi structured interviews and open questionnaires with coastal stakeholders, beach surveying using our quad-bike mounted RTK-GPS system and determining the characteristics and extent of wave shadowing in the lee of Wave Hub using our WERA HF wave radar facility.
Applicants should have (at least) a first or upper second class honours degree in an Ocean Science, Geography, or Engineering area and preferably a relevant MSc/MRes qualification. MSc level modules in Research Skills, Mathematical Modelling, Coastal and Estuarine Sediment Dynamics, and Coastal Erosion and Protection are available. Candidates will develop competencies in field data collection and data analysis techniques (e.g. Matlab).
The studentship is supported for 3 years and includes full Home/EU tuition fees plus a stipend of £13,590 per annum. The studentship will only fully fund those applicants who are eligible for Home/EU fees with relevant qualifications. Applicants normally required to cover overseas fees will have to cover the difference between the Home/EU and the overseas tuition fee rates (approximately £9,250 per annum).
If you wish to discuss this project further informally, please contact Emily Beaumont, firstname.lastname@example.org. However, applications must be made in accordance with the details shown below.
For an application form and details on how to apply, please visit Official Website. Applicants should send a completed application form along with a covering letter detailing their suitability for the studentship to Lucy Cheetham, Faculty of Science and Technology, Room A103, Portland Square, Plymouth PL4 8AA or e-mail email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on 3rd June 2011. We regret that we may not be able to respond to all applications. Applicants who have not received an offer of a place by the end of July should consider their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- ESF-CUC PhD Studentship Opportunity in medicine at Plymouth University Pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy: evaluating the effectiveness of a novel intervention, the dynamic elastomeric fabric orthoses (DEFO).We are seeking to award a PhD studentship […]
- ESF-CUC PhD Studentship Opportunity at University of Plymouth Delivering Zero Carbon Homes in Cornwall: Establishing and disseminating exemplary practice of St Austell Eco-communities (Eco-town) developmentUniversity of Plymouth, School of […]
- CIMB Regional Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies 2010 In line with our vision to become Southeast Asia’s most valued universal banking group, CIMB Group is committed towards building the region’s intellectual properties and capabilities. With […]
- Master / Doctoral Student in Bioinformatics and Cellular Mechanics, German Cancer Research Center Mechanical factors play an important role in many basic biological phenomena on different spatial-temporal scales: from tissues and single cells to sub-cellular structures. The ability […]
- 1 PhD student in the research education subject: Ethology Automation of welfare assessment in broilers at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences 1 PhD student in the research education subject: Ethology Automation of welfare assessment in broilers at Swedish University of Agricultural SciencesAutomation of welfare assessment in […]
- PhD Studentship in Computer Vision and Robotics at Forschungszentrum Juelich, Germany With 4400 staff members Forschungszentrum Juelich is the largest interdisciplinary research centre in Germany focusing its research in the fields of health, environment and energy, and […]
- Social Science Doctoral Training Centre Studentships 2011 at University of Plymouth The newly established University of Plymouth Social Sciences Doctoral Training Centre is delighted to announce the availability of 5 PhD studentships. Successful applicants who are […]
- PhD Studentship in Detection and analysis of enteroviral infection in human type 1 diabetes at University of Plymouth PhD Studentship in Detection and analysis of enteroviral infection in human type 1 diabetes at University of PlymouthJob category: Research Location: Plymouth Hours: Full-time/Fixed-term […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Switzerland for Computer Graphics Scientists and Physicists In the context of a multidisciplinary study combining mathematical modelling, computer science, and evolutionary developmental genetics, we still have ONE position available for an […]
- PhD Positions, Institute for Media Innovation, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore The Institute for Media Innovation at Nanyang Technological University invites applications for doctoral positions to work in Singapore, in the area of physics based simulation of […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Studentship in the Coastal Impacts of Marine Renewables at University of Plymouth semoga informasi tentang PhD Studentship in the Coastal Impacts of Marine Renewables at University of Plymouth ini bermanfaat.