Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hardon Collider at University of Uppsala maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hardon Collider at University of Uppsala
Scholarshipat the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Starting date: Spring term 2011.
The Uppsala ATLAS group is part of the High Energy Physics group at the Department of Physics and Astronomy, and currently consists of three faculty members, one post-doctor and three graduate students.
Visit Official Website.
We are looking for an excellent and highly motivated PhD student with keen interest in experimental physics and competence within data analysis programs (e.g. C++ and ROOT). The PhD student will work on physics analysis of data from ATLAS and take part in the development of tools for distributed analysis on the grid needed for this purpose.
The PhD position is funded for four years, extendible to a maximum of five years including department duties at a level of at most 20% (typically teaching). Further information: Visit Official Website. The rules governing this are set out in the Higher Education Ordinance Chapter 5, § § 1-7, and the university`s rules and guidelines Official Website.
After more than 20 years of planning and build-up the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN in Geneva is now in operation since one year, marking the start of a highly exciting program of investigations deep into micro cosmos. The plan is to run LHC almost continuously during 2011 and 2012 with a successively increasing luminosity, accumulating a sufficient amount of data to make possible, according to current theoretical expectations, the discovery of the Higgs boson and supersymmetric particles.
The ATLAS experiment is the largest detector ever built for particle physics research. The Uppsala ATLAS group has participated in the development and build-up of the Silicon micro-strip detector that is part of the central detector measuring the particle trajectories in ATLAS. We are participating in the operation of ATLAS as well as in the computer analysis of the data that is now collected by ATLAS.
The group`s main physics interest is to search for the charged Higgs boson. The Standard Model of particle physics predicts the existence of only one neutral Higgs boson. The discovery of a charged Higgs boson in the LHC data will prove that the Standard Model must be replaced by a more general theory, like e.g. a Supersymmetric theory, which predicts the existence of both neutral and charged Higgs. We are currently testing various methods of how to extract a charged Higgs signal from the background in the data.
When LHC is in full operation there will be about one billion proton-proton collisions per second, out of which 200 collisions per second will be stored for detailed physics analysis. As every collision produces about 100 megabyte of information in ATLAS, we need an enormous data analysis capacity for the treatment of this data flow. For this we make use of the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid (WLCG), a network of computers distributed over the world. To provide a high analysis capacity to our group, we are participating in the current development of the grid technology.
If you are interested, you are welcome to send your application including a statement of research interest, a CV, copies of exams, degrees and grades, a copy of your Master thesis (or a draft thereof), published articles or other relevant material (if applicable) to the address below. Names of persons who can be contacted for reference and/or letter(s) of recommendation should be included.
Uppsala University is striving to achieve a more even gender balance and women are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information
Please contact: Mattias Ellert, Ph. +46-(0)70-4250545 firstname.lastname@example.org or Tord Ekelöf, Ph. +46-(0)70-4250210 email@example.com.
Uni0n representatives are Anders Grundström, Saco, Ph +46 18 471 5380, Carin Söderhäll, TCO/ST, Ph +46 18 471 1996 and Stefan Djurström, Seko, Ph +46 18 471 3315
You are welcome to submit your application no later than April 29, 2011, UFV-PA 2011/775. Use the link below to access the application form.
PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Doctoral student in Combustion Physics at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 4 years Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Physics, LundFirst day of employment: As soon as possible Official Records Number: LTHPA 2011/394 […]
- Postdoctoral Fellowship – Department Of Biochemistry A postdoctoral position, supervised by Associate Professor Catherine Day, is available immediately to investigate the structure and function of components of the protein […]
- PhD Scholarship in Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, University of Sussex, UK The School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences (MPS) will offer one School Postgraduate Scholarship for a student wishing to study for the PhD in Mathematics, the PhD in Physics, or the […]
- [US] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Data Management for Petascale Scientific Applications at Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) Postdoctoral Research Associate for Grid Computing and Scientific Workflow AutomationNational Center for Computational SciencesComputer and Computational Sciences DirectorateOak Ridge […]
- PhD Scholarships in Nanotechnology at Technical University of Denmark (DTU) PhD scholarships at DTU Nanotech, Spring 2011A number of PhD scholarships are available at the Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology, DTU Nanotech, starting in the summer/fall of 2011. […]
- PhD or Postdoc Position in physics at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt The Institute for Theoretical Physics of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt invites applications for the following vacancy PhD or Postdoctoral Position in theoretical condensed […]
- Post-doctoral Scholarship in High-pressure Research on Nanostructured Materials The Division of Physics at Luleå University of Technology (LTU) invites highly motivated candidates with an interest to carry out research on nanostructured materials in experimental […]
- Talents for Innovation Positions at the EIT PhD School in Smart Electricity Grid and Storage Talents for Innovation Positions at the EIT PhD School in Smart Electricity Grid and StorageOverviewThe European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) has selected the InnoEnergy […]
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Energy Science at Sungkyunkwan University The Department of Energy Science (DOES) is pleased to invite international students who have passion to conduct cutting edge research and make breakthroughs in energy sciences, […]
- [UK] Postdoctoral Researcher in Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics at University of Reading Postdoctoral Researcher in Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics at University of Reading Overview We offer a 3-year post-doctoral position in Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics within […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hardon Collider at University of Uppsala semoga informasi tentang PhD student position within the ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hardon Collider at University of Uppsala ini bermanfaat.