Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Scholarshp Position in Geochemistry at Stockholm University maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Scholarshp Position in Geochemistry at Stockholm University
The Project: Siderophore production and function in the geosphere: experimental studies and field measurements of mineral weathering and biomineralization.
Microorganisms are known to affect mineral weathering rates and the mobilization of essential and toxic metals in the environment. They can release strong organic complex chelators, so-called siderophores, which have a high affinity for metals. These low-molecular mass dissolved organic molecules are often specific for certain microorganisms or plants and allow them to gain a selective growth advantage in environments, where the availability of metal nutrients is limited. Siderophores can have a critical role in regulating biogeochemical cycles in terrestrial and marine systems, but the details of the molecular-scale processes and their effect on macroscale biogeochemical cycling are not well established. This study aims at understanding the relationships between siderophore production and function and their influence on biochemically induced weathering and biomineralisation of iron-bearing minerals like magnetite in terrestrial and marine environments. Field and experimental studies will be conducted to determine siderophore composition and concentration, and their relationship to microbial community composition and activity.
This is a fully funded four year PhD position under the joint supervision of Sara Holmström, Volker Brüchert, and Nils Holm. The successful applicant will study the interactions of microbes with the global earth with focus on the production and the role of biogenic siderophores in biogeochemical processes. Related activities include both laboratory and field work.
Stockholm University Requirements: Applicants must have completed a research degree (e.g. Masters) or university study of 240 p (4 years), with at least 60 p (1 year) at the advanced (research) level. Department Requirements: undergraduate courses: at least 90 p in Earth Science and 30 p chemistry, and at least a 30 p independent project at the advanced level in geology, geochemistry, biogeochemistry or any chemistry-enriched natural science subject.
The basis for selection is the applicant’s ability to succeed at research training.
Stockholm University is an equal opportunity employer. Appointment regulations for research training at Stockholm University are available in Swedish at: Official Website . and the Higher Education Board’s handbook for PhD students in both Swedish and English at: Official Website .
Union representatives are Bo Ekengren, SACO, Liseth Häggberg, ST and Birgitta Carlén, SEKO, Phone: + 46 8 162000.
Applications should include:
Cover letter, completed form SU 9012 click here for form , CV, copies of examination certificates and/or other proof of eligibility and the contact details of two referees.
Application should be sent by e-mail to:
Reference number: SU 464-13-0007-11
Or by post to:
Institutionen för geologiska vetenskaper
Svante Arrhenius väg 8
114 18 Stockholm
The deadline for applications is 26 March 2011.
For more information contact:
Dr. Sara Holmström at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 164751
Dr. Volker Brüchert at email@example.com or +46 8 164755
Prof. Nils Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 8 164743
Application Deadline : 26 March 2011
Visit Official Website .
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship Position in Geochemistry Siderophore production and function in the geosphere: experimental studies and field measurements of mineral weathering and biomineralization. Microorganisms are known to affect […]
- PhD position in Geochemistry The Department of Geological Sciences (Stockholm University, Sweden) invites applications for the following PhD position in the Geochemistry. The position is fully funded through the […]
- Postdoc positions at Product- and Production Development at Chalmers University of Technology The research and education at Chalmers University of Technology are focused on technology, science and architecture. Our motivation comes from a desire to discover and to learn new […]
- PhD Positions in Organic Chemistry, University of Paderborn, Germany In the Department of Chemistry at the University of Paderborn, Germany, are two PhD student positions in the field of Organic Chemistry available. One position includes the synthesis of […]
- One PhD Position in Robots and Smart Environments at Örebro University Center for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS) Örebro University, SwedenApplications are invited for a PhD student position in Computer Science at Örebro University, Sweden. The […]
- Masters of Science Program at Ecole Centrale de Nantes Master of Science in Applied Mechanics on- Computational Structural Mechanics- Design Systems and Products- Metallic Assemblies and Complex Composites- Civil Engineering and Environment- […]
- PhD Scholarships in Foresight and Innovation Systems VTT is launching second international graduate school in 2011 to attract new, PhD students. We are looking for 15 new PhD students (incl. one Post Doc Researcher) that are expected to […]
- PhD Student in Foresight and Innovation Systems at VTT Technical Research Center VTT is launching second international graduate school in 2011 to attract new, PhD students. We are looking for 15 new PhD students (incl. one Post Doc Researcher) that are expected to […]
- Scholarships in Materials and Surface Technology, Department of Mechanical Engineering, DTU, Denmark Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking for 3 Ph.D. in Materials and Surface Technology related to strengthen our strategic research activities in Materials in Sustainable Energy […]
- 3 PhD Scholarships in Materials and Surface Technology Department of Mechanical Engineering is looking for 3 Ph.D. in Materials and Surface Technology related to strengthen our strategic research activities in Materials in Sustainable […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarshp Position in Geochemistry at Stockholm University semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarshp Position in Geochemistry at Stockholm University ini bermanfaat.