Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Arctic Palaeoecology in Greifswald maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Arctic Palaeoecology in Greifswald
At the Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology of Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University Greifswald (Germany) a position is available as
(50 %, 20 hours per week, 3 years = PhD-student position/Doktorandenstelle)
in the field of Peatland Studies and Palaeoecology.
The PhD student will work within the DFG collaborative project „Polygons in tundra wetlands: state and dynamics under climate variability in Polar Regions (POLYGON)”. This interdisciplinary project (with Hamburg University, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research Potsdam and several Russian partners) studies the short- and long-term dynamics of Arctic polygon mires in Northeast Siberia (Indigirka-Delta, Kolyma) as a function of climate and climate change. The project aims at reconstructing Pleistocene and Holocene developments and at modelling future changes as a reaction on global warming. The relevant sub-project in Greifswald focuses on developments in the past decades and centuries. The position involves labour-intensive microscopic analyses and 1 month per year field work in Arctic environments.
Salary is according to the DFG (German Research Foundation) salary scale (Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L Wissenschaft).
The research involves
1. Study of vegetation, permafrost morphology and temperature conditions in selected polygons.
2. Analysis (pollen, non-pollen-palynomorphs, geochemistry) of surface samples
3. Palaeoecological analysis (pollen, non-pollen-palynomorphs, macrofossils, geochemistry) of selected cores.
4. Dendrochronological analysis of trees and dwarf shrubs.
5. Data integration and interpretation wit respect to climate and weather dynamics.
The position requires a diploma or master in Natural Sciences, preferably in Landscape Ecology, Geobotany, Geography, Earth Sciences or Quaternary Sciences. Good knowledge of pollen, npp’s and macrofossil analysis and of Russian is of advantage.
Applications of women and seriously disabled persons will be preferentially considered.
Please send your electronic application before April, 15, 2011 to Prof. Dr. Hans Joosten:
who can also provide further information.
Prof. Dr. Hans Joosten
Institute of Botany and Landscape Ecology
Grimmer Strasse 88
Application Deadline : 15 April 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship Position at Instituto de Telecomunicações The Multimedia Signal Processing Group at Instituto de Telecomunicações, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, invites applications for the MUVIS (MUlti-view distributed coding […]
- Postgraduate Scholarship Position in Political Science The doctoral candidate programme amounts to 240 credits (which is equivalent to four years of study full time). It formally ends with the doctoral candidate publicly defending his/her […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Distributed Computing We are searching for a PhD candidates to do research in the area of fault tolerant distributed systems. We are a highly encouraged international team of researchers situated in the south […]
- PhD research position at A*STAR Graduate Scholarship This is a collaboration between A*STAR Graduate Academy (A*GA) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, citizens of ASEAN […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Community Tagging In engineering projects, like building a highway, several interest groups must be involved and the aim is to achieve a good consensus between the varies interest groups and get a […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Switzerland for Computer Graphics Scientists and Physicists In the context of a multidisciplinary study combining mathematical modelling, computer science, and evolutionary developmental genetics, we still have ONE position available for an […]
- Phd Scholarship Position at Department of Electrical Energy, Systems and Automation Development of a multipurpose micromagnetic and micromechanical simulation platform A PhD position is available to join the research team that develops the multipurpose magnetic […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Department of Data-analysis The PhD student will be part of a research group focusing on the development and validation of new methods for the analysis of neuroimaging data. The position is financed by the […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Biogenic Selenium Volatilization Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, is a Swiss-based and internationally networked aquatic research institute within the ETH domain (Swiss Federal […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Copenhagen Business School Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant PhD scholarship that focuses on the effects of risk management technologies and their interrelations with accounting in private […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Arctic Palaeoecology in Greifswald semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarship Position in Arctic Palaeoecology in Greifswald ini bermanfaat.