Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang PhD scholarship in Host-virus Interactions at Technical University of Denmark maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang PhD scholarship in Host-virus Interactions at Technical University of Denmark
A 3 year PhD position studying host-virus interactions in rainbow trout is available at the National Veterinary Institute, Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The place of work is Aarhus, Division of Poultry, Fish and Fur Animals. The candidate will be linked to the Research Group for Fish Immunology and Vaccinology.
The PhD project is an integrated part of a larger National Research project with focus on co-evolutionary aspects of host and virus on both genetic and phenotypic levels. The project will include shorter stays at research institutes outside of Denmark.
The overall scientific aim of this PhD project is to disclose and characterise the mechanisms involved in immunity to a lethal fish rhabdovirus (viral haemorrhagic septicaemia virus, VHSV). A DNA-based vaccine inducing a highly protective immune response here represents an important tool along with immuno assays and molecular biology techniques. A major task will be to determine mRNA and miRNA response profiles to vaccination and/or infection and to correlate these with the phenotypic traits (level of immunity, humoral and cellular immune response). Gene expression analysis will be an important activity, but work at all levels including also functional studies of virus propagation in cell culture as well as wet lab vaccination and infection trials should be expected. Publishing of results in scientific journals will represent an integrated element. A number of training courses will be included in the PhD study.
Applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- A master`s degree in either veterinary medicine, biology or a comparable discipline or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master`s degree
- Experience in immunology, virology and/or molecular biology research
- An interest in scientific understanding of host-pathogen interactions, aiming at development of strategies for disease prophylaxis
- Fluency in English speaking and writing
- Good skills in scientific communication and innovative thinking, good social skills
Approval and Enrolment The scholarships for the PhD degree are subject to academic approval and the candidates will be enrolled in one of the general degree programmes of DTU. For information about the general requirements for enrolment and the general planning of the scholarship studies, please see the DTU PhD Guide.
Salary and appointment terms
The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD degree students. The period of employment is 3 years.
For further information please contact Senior Scientist Niels Lorenzen, 3588 6829 3588 6829 .
You can read more about National Veterinary Institute at www.vet.dtu.dk/English.aspx
Deadline for application is 15 August 2010. Please open the link “apply for this job online” and fill in the application form and attach:
- A motivation describing why you are interested in this position
- A CV including publications
- Copy of certificate with grades
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Phd/Postdoc Positions at Center for Massive Data Algorithmics (MADALGO), Aarhus University, Denmark Center for Massive Data Algorithmics (MADALGO) is a basic research center funded by the Danish National Research Foundation. The center is a collaboration between researchers at […]
- [Germany] 2 PhD Student Positions in Osteoimmunology at Technische Universität Dresden The Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, TU Dresden offers within the DFG Schwerpunktprogramm `Osteoimmunology - IMMUNOBONE – A Program to unravel the […]
- PhD position at MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology Molecular Neurobiology of Circadian Timekeeping. Applications invited from EU & UK nationals for a fully funded 3-year PhD studentship under the supervision of Dr Michael Hastings […]
- [Denmark] PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of CopenhagenOverview Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship within the following […]
- [Denmark] Postdoc in Economics at Aarhus University Postdoc in Economics at Aarhus University, DenmarkThe Department of Economics, Aarhus School of Business, and the School of Economics and Management, Faculty of Social Sciences, invite […]
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium Molecular epidemiology of Chlamydopila (Chlamydia) psittaci infections in humans and development of a recombinant C. psittaci vaccine for chickens Period: for 2 years with a possibility to […]
- PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln The PhD student will contribute to the cooperative research project “Identification of molecular markers for barley yellow dwarf virus (BYDV) resistance in maize” between the MPIPZ, the […]
- Gates Vaccine Innovation Award, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA Hundreds of thousands of lives each year could be saved by improved access to vaccines. Vaccines are cost-effective, safe, and proven to protect children from disease.Continued […]
- PhD student position at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research OverviewThe Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ is a research institution within the Helmholtz Association. It provides scientific contributions to the safeguarding of the […]
- PhD Scholarships at Gottingen Graduate School in Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007 as a joint enterprise between the University of Göttingen, three Max Planck […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD scholarship in Host-virus Interactions at Technical University of Denmark semoga informasi tentang PhD scholarship in Host-virus Interactions at Technical University of Denmark ini bermanfaat.