Bagi anda yang sedang mencari informasi tentang Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand maka di bawah ini Informasi Kuliah Indonesia kuliahkaryawansabtuminggu.com menyampaikan tentang Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand
The Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA) today invites mid career journalists from Southeast Asia to apply for its 11thannual Journalism Fellowship Programme.
The fellowship theme for the year, titled “Documenting threats to the rivers of Southeast Asia: Looking through the journalist’s lens”, is to focus on the management of rivers and the impact of climate change and development on water resources as well as the communities living along the rivers.
SEAPA’s executive director Gayathry Venkiteswaran said the theme was chosen because it is relevant to the prevailing situation in the region, which has been hit by bouts of natural disasters in 2011. A report from the UN ESCAP estimated that more than 1,000 people had died and millions more lost their homes and livelihood due to the devastating floods that hit Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and the Philippines.
“Environmental issues are not only confined to a local community, as we have seen how the impact extends beyond the state boundaries. This is a relevant issue that should be explored by journalists in the region,” said Gayathry.
The fellowship is open to mid career journalists working in print, online or the broadcast media with at least five-year experience in journalism. Freelancers are also welcome to apply for the fellowship.
To date, SEAPA has hosted about 100 journalists in the region, who spent between three and four weeks in a second country to investigate their stories, which were based on the theme for the year. Topics covered by the fellows in the past have included migration, refugees and stateless children, religion, terrorism, human rights violations, ICT and the digital divide, and the free flow of information in the region.
“This is a very relevant program that provides a unique opportunity for journalists around the region to practice and sharpen their journalism skills in different social and cultural settings. At the end of the program, fellows will go home with better perspective of the region, ” said Gayathry.
Application forms and instructions are available on the SEAPA website and the closing date is 31 March 2012. Successful candidates will be selected by a panel of judges and announced by 3rd May 2012, the global annual World Press Freedom Day.
The programme will start with a four-day orientation in Bangkok from 19-24 June 2012, following which the fellows will spend three weeks in the country of their choice to conduct their investigation. They will return to Bangkok on 14 July for a four-day de-briefing before leaving for their home country.
The fellowship will support all travel and stay costs as well as allowances during their field assignment.
For more inquiries, please contact Ms. Nai Nai at +66 2 243 5579 (or) email directly to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund The Asian Women In Business Scholarship encourages and promotes exceptional Asian female students who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service and/ or […]
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding […]
- Lotus, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for South-East Asian Students to Europe Lotus is an Erasmus Mundus Action Two Partnership (EMA2) of European and South-East Asian Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and Associations aiming at fostering mutual enrichment and […]
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) […]
- Japan-IMF Scholarship Program The Japan-IMF Scholarship Program for Asia (JISPA) was first introduced in 1993. It is funded by the Government of Japan, administered by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and […]
- AREAS Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) Scholarships, Europe AREAS is an institution-based mobility and scholarship project organized by a Consortium of some of the most prestigious universities in Europe and Asia. It is developed within the […]
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore The Fellowship brings journalists from Asia to Singapore’s Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University for three months. The 2012 Fellowship […]
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean The Drugs, Security and Democracy (DSD) fellowship program supports research on drug policy, citizen security and democratic governance, as well as associated topics across the social […]
- [Philippines] Master`s and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture at SEARCA Master`s and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture at SEARCAOverview The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites applications for its […]
- University of Nottingham – ASEAN Masters Scholarship 2011 International Office ScholarshipsThe University of Nottingham offers a comprehensive and expanding range of scholarships in order to encourage academic excellence, aid diversity, […]
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand semoga informasi tentang Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand ini bermanfaat.