Heinrich Böll Foundation Bachelor, Master and PhD Scholarships for International Students, Germany
The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards scholarships to German and foreign students in keeping with the guidelines provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federal Foreign Office (AA). The scholarship covers Bachelors, Masters, and PhD studies.
State or state-recognized institution of higher education (university, college or equivalent) in Germany, Switzerland or in a member state of the EU.
Fields of study:
Selected priority fields of study. In addition to their current focus on Humanities and Social Science as well as Fine Arts and Cultural Studies, the Foundation, in the future, be extending their scholarship to as yet under-represented specialist subjects such as Economics, Law, Engineering, Media Science and Natural Science.
International students and Germans. The foundation especially supports young people from countries in the South as well as from Eastern Europe. The foundation also especially supports young women in those subjects where, to date, they have been under-represented.
Not specified. Inquire with the scholarship provider for more information.
The following general requirements apply to foreign applicants (except EU citizens) who wish to study in Germany:
1. You must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
2. You should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
3. You need a good knowledge of German, and we kindly ask you to provide proof of your proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
4. Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that we can not support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
The following requirements apply to all German and non-German students wishing to pursue a Masters degree or postgraduate studies:
1. You should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
2. The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot award you a scholarship, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
3. Tuition fees for fee-paying courses in Germany cannot be financed by the Heinrich Böll Foundation.
The following requirements apply to PhD-students from outside the EU:
Applicants must hold a Master`s degree or equivalent and must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a German institution of higher education.
Deadline: September 1, 2010 (date on postal stamp)
Fax: 030/285 34-409